You want …
… to work in an international team?
… contribute to peace and justice?
… get to know new people and new place?
… share your experiences?
In the Namibian-German exchange project „Same same but different“ you can deal with the image of yourself and the other culture, discuss prejudices and discover commonalities. In a group of young Germans and Namibians you will experience differences and above all connecting elements between you and others through different methods and common experiences. You have the opportunity to get an insight into the everyday life of Germans of your age and to show things of everyday life to others and to see them from a new perspective.
To ensure that as many people as possible – even outside the project – can benefit from this important learning process and your findings, formative elements are to be documented and processed. At the beginning you will agree in the group on a medium through which experiences can be shared and recorded. Of course, you can decide for yourself what you want to show publicly. At the end of the project, a (creatively) prepared form of documentation is to be published.
The project is about perceiving yourself and others in a new perspective and working in an international team with a common goal, but above all it is about meeting people, experiencing new things and lots of fun!
The project runs from June 2018 to November 2019, which means in concrete terms:
- A preparatory phase from May to August 2018
- 3-week meeting from 10 to 30 September 2018 in Namibia
- from October 2018 to August 2019 an intermediate phase with reflection, exchange and preparation
- a second 3-week meeting in September 2019 – this time in Germany
- a follow-up phase from October to November 2019
The project is part of the funding line „weltwärts-Außerschulische Begegnungsprojekte der Agenda 2030“. It is under the 16th UN sustainability goal of „Peace and Justice“, to which it wishes to contribute, in particular by promoting empathy through understanding and mutual respect. The project is carried out by the German association Welwitschia e.V. and the Namibian organisation FreeYourMind! Entertainment CC.
- need a keen interest in exchange and encounter.
- must be between the ages of 21 to 27
- need to have a desire for discussion and intensive reflection with yourself and others.
- need the willingness to participate in the entire project
- and the willingness to share your learning successes.
- need the desire to get involved in the design of the project.
The maximum participation fee is N$ 3000 (depending on donations)
- flight and VISA
- accommodation, transport, insurance during the meeting phase
- food allowance for all seminars and during the meetings
- pedagogical support
Interested? Then it goes on like this:
- Come to the information event on 15 May at 18.00 o’clock (place will follow)
- Apply by 20 May 2018: complete the online form or download the application form and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions, please contact
+264 81 415 7409